Thanks to everyone who was able to come out to our second PTSA meeting. Below you will find a recap section and a next steps section. The recap section summarizes our meeting. The next step section describes the actions needed to be completed before our next meeting on July 8th at 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the WCES Media.
Recap from 6-24-15 meeting:
- We established norms and protocols for the NEW QUAIL PTSA 🙂
- Agreed on having student representatives on the board
- Agreed to be a PTSA versus a PTSO
- Agreed to research and reflect on officers wanted for the board before electing officers
- A nomination committee was created to gather input on officers to be considered for the board. Nomination committee members are, Jill Rodeffer, Lori Thompson, Heidi Morris, Kimberly Natal
Next steps before 7-8-15 meeting:
- Please send any recommendations you have for officers to be elected to the board that would be in addition to the President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Please include in your recommendation the title of the office, the purpose of the office, and the duties and responsibilities of the office. Please send these recommendations to email@example.com by July 5th.
- Please complete the application for volunteer approval after July 1, 2015 for the upcoming school year: https://webdb.pasco.k12.fl.us/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=vol_db&-loadframes
- The nomination committee will review all submissions of officers and email a final list of officers to be voted on at the July 8th meeting.
- If a person is interested in the Florida PTA Leadership Conventions (http://www.floridapta.org/events/leadership-convention), please email Denise Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correspondence about the July 8th meeting will be on Facebook and our website.
- Please bring $5 if possible for initial dues